Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Animal Totems and Journeying With Your Power Animal

As I started compiling this blog on 12-03-11, Lion’s were coming up everywhere for me, seeing them everywhere.  I did a Sunrise Ceremony yesterday and now I know why Lion came to me all day…

I decided I had to share Lion Medicine  with you….


I am very interested in what your totem(s) and journey animal(s) are.

If you comment I will give you a reading!

LION
Creature of the Sun Lord, beloved of the Lady,
Reveal to me the ancient methods of magic.
Walk beside me as I grow in strength and courage.
Show me when to keep ties strong
and when to break them.
Help me to understand the times for work
and the times for rest.
Mighty lion, lend me your energies.

Feminine Power
·        The Lion is the symbol of the sun and of gold.
·        Medieval alchemists associated Lion with sulfur.
·        A Lion totem presents a lesson in dealing with groups and your role within those groups.
·        It is a totem for avoiding confrontations and for stealth.
·        Take the easy way to meet your goals; do not confront them head on.
·        A Lion totem tells you to trust your feminine energies – creativity, intuition and imagination.
·        But don’t be afraid to roar if threatened.

In ancient Egypt, a young lion symbolized the rising of the sun. So, in working with Lion medicine, we may experience the emergence of our own true, radiant selves.  

 Sunrise Ceremony I did at Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site 12-03-03




Incredible video of Kevin Richardson, Lion Whisperer http://youtu.be/RlFh9gakXQo.

He must have been a Big Cat in previous lives to be so accepted amongst the King of the Jungle and others…



Power Animal Journeying  – What’s your journey animal?



Your power animal is a being, a member of the animal nation in spirit form, has been with you all your life and always will be. They never change places with other spirit animals. They help you even when you aren’t aware of it. In ceremony you become conscious of this being and will then be able to carry on an intimate one-to-one relationship; a relationship full of excitement, intrigue and knowledge. Your power animal can help and guide you in extraordinary ways that reach far beyond your normal boundaries.

We have many helpers from the animal spirit world and we can form intimate relationships with all of them, but our Power Animal is with us all of our lives. Only when people are dying do we see the Power Animal leaving the side of the spirit of that person because it's commitment is fulfilled.
Gerry Starnes, an Austin Texas area shamanic practitioner and teacher, discusses Power or Spirit Animals, including: Totem, Journey Guide, Messenger, and Shadow animals talks about the need to “Listen”…  http://youtu.be/h6E1jjzc3Rk.

Pictures to add as well…   I am WOMYN here me ROAR!!!  Lol…  Love you sis!

By: Renee Ukena

Her Facebook page!




5 comments:

  1. My journey animal is the cheetah, which is exactly what I need when I'm feeling more like a little kitten:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Osiyo Christina... Stand proud with your Cheetah! However, Cat is also very powerful for you!

    Cat - Wholeness....
    The cat, a creature which combines a high degree of sensuality with a deeply psychic and spiritual nature, teaches us that the physical and spiritual worlds are not separate, but One.
    So even when you are feeling like the "kitten" you are still One with everything around you and are complete on so many levels.

    Cheetah- Speed and Focus.
    Unlike other felines, who stalk, then pounce on their prey for the kill, cheetahs, the fastest four-footed animals alive, run down their prey. Their lesson to us is that of accomplishing our goals with speed and focus. When we feel stuck, cheetah medicine can launch us into motion. If we are moving with great speed but little direction, cheetah energy helps us to keep our eyes on our goals and to find the most direct way of achieving them.
    This beautiful creature takes you into your journeying with speed and precision. You are fluidity in motion, using their energy to really focus on the journey at hand.

    Thanks for your comment.... Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, great article. My Sun is in Leo, so I read everything about Lions. I have also watched Kevin's videos. I love the one where he is playing with new lion cubs with the new lion mom looking on. So sweet.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee-to have an animal totem must it come to you only in dreams?
    I have connected with a particular animal and I feel its one of my totems. I even did a reading a long time ago and received him as a totem thru that reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ jguidry, yes Kevin has Lion's blood I'm sure of that, he is incredible and how the Lions are with him is beyond words. He is part of their Pride and they are honored to have him among them... Lion is a very powerful totem for you indeed. Enjoy him/her, call your Lion to you in visions or while meditating and most of all Listen to them... They have powerful messages for you.

    @ the Divine Lotus, no, your animal totem does not always come to you in your dreams. As a Shaman, I have many animal totems, some people have a particular animal that presents themselves alot, others have several.

    I take notice of the first animal or winged one that presents to me as I leave the house, for example. There is meaning behind them all and why they appeared to you at that moment or throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete