Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Process of Releasing


This past year has been a very difficult for me, as well as for others. Between quitting an overly oppressive job and starting a new one, a bad break up, and moving –three times- and financial struggles, I’ve gone through ups and downs just as much as anyone. The one thing that kept me moving was my faith in something greater. This includes a strong reverence for Spirit, which in my definition includes my higher self, guardians, angels, deity, devas, and the dead.


I view each obstacle on this physical plane as a test on the spiritual plane. As I jump each hurdle, I become stronger, and closer with Spirit. I speak to the energies often, not just when I was in a bind. I developed a relationship with them, a friendship filled with gratitude for their guidance and car, and do not feel alone. I rely on them for divine intervention, and approach every situation with the mentality that, “This is a test. This is only a test.”

Each test, or difficult moment, was met with a releasing, or a purging if you will. At one point, I became physically ill with diarrhea and vomiting (sorry to be so graphic). I knew that my body was changing, that things needed to “come out,” and that they would, one way or another. But I knew, too, that this was a process that needed to happen in order for me to strengthen spiritually. After this “divine purging” -this is what I coined it- my eating habits changed significantly. Now, I have to be very careful with what I am ingesting, because to this day, my stomach becomes easily upset with unhealthy foods and alcohol.

There are small aches and pains that occur. Sharp pains in strange places, muscle tension, and then need to sleep it all off. I’ve had migraines that come up from out of nowhere. When this happens I am challenged to ask for healing from the angelic realm. It’s a constant reminder that as I heal others, I also must remember to heal myself.

My dreams give me messages too. I quickly learned about my karmic past. I dreamt of living in a different time, of being a mom and murderer. After having these disturbing recollections, I shared them with like-minded friends. Through sharing, I learned about how karma works, and how I could recognize my own personal karmic debt. I figured out that in simply recognizing my past, I learn from those lessons, and that I can let go of that karma so that I may move into a better, safer, and more spiritual space.

Then there are the tears. I’m a fiercely emotional person, but the feelings rarely come out in the form of water droplets out of my eye sockets. I’ve spent long times in the shower –or at bus stops on busy city streets- releasing the emotions of things moving within me. More specifically, as I let the tears flow, I knew that I was not crying about any one thing in particular. I was crying to let go of my past, of who I was. I was joyously mourning the experiences that I chose to go through in this life time. The tears would face from my face and down my body, mixing with the water from the showerhead. The water transformed those tears, those feelings, and neutralized them in the most natural way, taking them back to The Source.

In order to heal and progress spiritually, we must release. In order to release, things must come up, and out. Releasing is a very physical and emotional process that should not be met with fear. One may ask for assistance from Spirit in the releasing process, so that you recognize it when it is happening, and that it occurs swift and painless, without causing harm to anyone.

Releasing will occur when one is ready. A person must be willing to recognize how her choices have impacted not only herself, but the world around her. One must be willing to come head to head with personal responsibility, the Shadow self.

Often times, a person needs to make a decision to welcome the process and all that comes with it. The process may be brought on subconsciously, when the higher self decides when it is time. Releasing is deep, and part of a re-awakening. When our spirit bodies adjust to the changes occurring around us on a personal and collective level, our physical bodies must also modify, for we are an evolving species. When we chose to align ourselves with Spirit, we must meet the releasing process with grace. After all, it is what we have asked for. And it to, is also after all, a test.

By: Yvonne Nieves 

Her Facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/candelariaspirit

2 comments:

  1. I believe in Release. So many times we forget that we can allow ourselves to do so. Thank you sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to grow, we need to release all that is not helping us and this is not an easy process. Thank goodness for great friends who are there for us when we need to release!!! Great job Yvonne:)

    ReplyDelete