Thursday, December 1, 2011

Father Goose Animal Medicine

Sisters and Brothers in love and light,

I received a very powerful message from Spirit this past the day after the 11:11:11 Star Knowledge Gathering at Cahokia and wanted to share it with you: One day while traveling to the 11:11:11 Star Gathering conference a flock of geese flew over me in their V formation. They flew to the left of me towards the conference and very near Peo Kalili Cahokia (House of Energy, Cahokia).
Sunday, after the conference a group of us were standing outside and I said to them: As we leave here we must fly like the geese, in a V formation and support each other as we embark on our journey together, as ONE. Monday morning a wealth of emotion came flooding out of me when the first thing I saw after awakening was a picture of my feather brothers, Mazatzin and Temok on top of Peo Kalili, Cahokia.
Monday was to be a day of rest and to let everything I was given just BE with me. My roommate calls and says to me: I was at work at 5:05am when I had a knock on my car door. She looked down and saw this winged one! The winged one looked at her and fell over dead!! She opened her car door and heard him sigh his last breath of life! I asked her to bring him to me!!! She did!
I honored him in ceremony by telling him the story of Boys Who Turned into Geese and said the Great Wings prayer over him while holding my crystal that Grandmother Agnes blessed for me and gave an offering of corn meal and tobacco to him as I placed him in the bag.



Goose Animal Medicine
The animal symbolism of the goose hasn't got its full honor. Too often in myth and lore we see the goose representing silly attitudes or lazy dispositions.
On the contrary, the symbolism of the goose is quite inspiring.
When we consider the goose never leaves one of its own kind behind, we begin to see the goose in a different light. Just like the US Marines, "Semper Fidelis" (always faithful) is the motto of the goose too.
Geese annually migrate to warmer climates during the winter. Should a goose become injured during this trek, another goose will leave the migrating flock to stay with its fallen comrade. The goose will stay with the injured until he has recovered or until its final breath. Nothing silly about that.
Indeed, this kind of valor puts the symbolism of the goose in a far different light. Here are some attributes of the goose:

·          Communication
·          Determination
·          Fellowship
·          Teamwork
·          Confidence
·          Protection
·          Bravery
·          Loyalty
Geese are incredibly gifted navigators and instinctively know the way across the long haul to warmer climates. They forge ahead with confidence and bravery.
Further, geese have intricate methods of communication - not only do they sense when their brethren are in trouble, they also work as a team to communicate warnings, as well as messages of prime landing sites.
Geese are also fiercely protective of their young - often presenting an impressive thrashing display to would-be predators. These scare tactics often work to protect goslings from attack.
Those who have the goose as their animal totem need not worry if they are silly or lazy. This is far from the truth. In actuality, those who are kind, loyal, and brave-hearted attract geese as their totem. Those with the goose totem are the clear communicators, true-blue defenders and compassionate keepers of the community. 

·         Lessons we all can learn from our totem geese include:


  • Remember your roots - don't forget the people who helped you along the way
  • Follow your gut - rely on intuition and instinct in order to get where you need to be
  • Communicate your needs to others - no one can help you if you don't speak out
  • Protect that which is most valuable, but make sure you have your priorities  straight (meaning, be sure you're protecting that which is worth protecting) 









By: Renee Ukena
I AM One Who Gathers Tribes!
I AM Messenger for Great Spirit!
I AM Shaman High Priest/Priestess!
I AM
Rainbow Warrior!
I AM
Teacher of Light and Love!
I AM Animal and Winged One Medicine practitioner!
I AM
Reincarnation of the Peacemaker from long ago!


 One Who Gathers Tribes 

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I truly enjoyed reading. Makes me wonder if Goose can also help in relationships for example in love and friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes very much so as they are all about their family, generations of family for that matter. Geese are great communicators, which is the foundation for any relationship.

    They are faithful and mate for life, they also exhibit equal partnership in raising children. Geese like tradition – a family will return year after year to the same place to raise children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and so forth.

    They fight to the death to maintain that territory, and will face even the most impressive and terrifying foes to do so.

    Just as human's protect and love their children and spouse, significant others and extended family. So does the goose...

    The fact that they mate for life often reflects again that innate belief that there is one special person for us in the world, a twin flame, soulmate, life partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a great story of how goose is a worker of community and communication... I have Goose Bumps (lol) right now!! Amazing what Father Goose has brought into my life. Thank you Spirit...

    http://blogs.discovery.com/daily_treat/2011/04/seeing-eye-goose-befriends-blind-dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a powerful example of how spirit works. Love this story and the photos!

    ReplyDelete